Do you ever get tired of being Serious? (National Days we can all laugh about)

 

Do you ever get tired of being Serious?
(National Days we can all laugh about)

I was looking for something different, something new to talk about, write about, maybe something about how to laugh more.  As I browsed the news, I saw Covid, Politics, Sports, Courts and Controversy.  But something else kept popping up along with all the truly serious crap.  Yes, I said it like that, but don’t you get tired of reading, hearing, watching all the serious things in life?  I figure people must, otherwise sitcoms would not be so popular.

So as I researched something new and different than the same old thing, while I had some good classic rock in my headphones, I kept seeing “National Day”.  The reason that I put it that particular way, is every day is not just one “National Day”.  It is, as I seem to like saying lately a “butt-ton” of different “days all on the same day.  Because Everything, every cause, everyone, needs a day.  And with only 365 days in a year, well you get it, right?

The day that I choose to at least begin with is April 7th.  Because that is the day I really began to dig into my research for some new subject. And wow was I surprised at what I found.  Quite the day, April 7th, so here goes.

April 7th is National BEER DAY
(and International BEER DAY too!)



Think about that for a minute or two and let it sink in because when you combine NATIONAL BEER DAY with the Other National Days, WHEW!  It could be quite the day; I will have to set an alarm for next year!

National Beer Day has its own Wikipedia page, it marks the day the Cullen-Harrison Act was enacted after having been signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on 3/22/1933.  This led to the 18th amendment being repealed on 12/5/1933, with the ratification of the 21st amendment.  April 6th will forever be known as “New Beer’s Eve”.  Prohibition did not end until Repeal day on 12/5/1933.

National Beer day was first celebrated in 2009 by Justin Smith of Richmond, VA.  After his social media campaign was first noticed by the Colorado Beer Examiner and then by the beer drinking app Untappd that even created a badge for checking in on #NationaBeerDay

(Not to be confused with #NationalDrinkBeerDay on 9/28) But grab a bottle, or grab a pint, and Enjoy!

(credit Facebook &Wikipedia)

 

April 7th is National NO HOUSEWORK DAY

With over 1500 “National Days” to choose from, you would think this would be the one I would celebrate.  Why you ask?  Because I do housework every single day of the week, all year, every year.  Or so it seems; I have done laundry on Christmas after all.

In my defense of mopping floors on my hands and knees yesterday, “National No Housework Day”, the floors really needed a good scrubbing.  And when they look like that, a mop just doesn’t do the job.  Also, I almost always do my housework before I sit down to the computer.  Yesterday was one of those days.

So how did it all begin you might be asking?  It began in the 1980’s with some health gurus of the sort who had a website for healthy things.  They were Thomas and Ruth Roy, the article I read about them seemed to suggest “healthy options” like a long walk.  All I could think was, maybe off a short pier at this point.  Sometimes I am so tired of housework that give me the pier and watch me jump, lol I am joking.  I will jump onto the couch and sleep.  Or maybe combine this day with National Beer Day?  Or maybe start the day with…

(credit what nation day is it)



April 7th is National COFFECAKE DAY

The day celebrates one of my favorite childhood memories that carried me into adulthood.  Anytime I want to go back in time and remember briefly, in what takes such a short time to make, that feeling and smell of my Mom & Grandma’s kitchen.  Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Streusel Coffee Cake is the easiest way.  More than a lot of other breakfast foods because this one seemed particular to my family or area that I lived in at least.

Here are some things you may not know about Coffee Cake:

Coffee cake was not invented, rather it evolved from a variety of different types of cakes.  Cakes in their various forms have been around since biblical times, the simplest varieties made from honey or dates and other fruits.  (I Love dates).  The Danish came up with the earliest versions of coffee cake.  Around the 17th century in Europe, it became the custom to enjoy a delicious sweet and yeasty type of bread when drinking coffee beverages.  There are many available combinations, everything from blueberry coffee cakes to cinnamon walnut coffee cake and more.

The hole in the center of most coffee cakes is a relatively recent innovation—it became popular in the 1950’s.  This “Bundt pan” was invented to allowed heavier batters to get cooked all the way through without any dough left unbaked in the center.  So I found this info on a website.  But here is a funny fact, I rarely have had a Bundt pan coffee cake.  Normally they were just made in a square or sometimes round pan.

Regardless, I tried a lot of different styles and flavors of coffee cakes in all the places I have lived and rarely found one I didn’t like.  Maybe I will spend National No Housework Day next year by starting off with a slice of National Coffee Cake (Day).

(credit Foodimentary)

 

April 7th is National HANDMADE DAY

Let me start off by saying that I believe this is one of those Holidays that changes date but not day every year.  I am not positive tho.  However it celebrates all those crafty people we know.  Not that type of crafty, like in jail.  Crafty, make gifts for people instead of buying them from a store.

Whether it is a Handmade scarf, or a delicate hand stitched runner for a dresser that your Grandmother might make.  Or homemade cookies carefully packed into a tin and shipped to you at school or for your Birthday.  This is the day to celebrate them.

Even to celebrate the guy who takes all the parts lying around his garage and turns them into a working lawnmower or snowblower as a gift for you.  Of the grandfather who buys parts online to fix up a battery driven car or truck for a grandchild.  This is for them too.

(credit Always the Holiday)



April 7th is National BURRITO DAY

You know if you combine a few of these days, I could start to get into it, right?  So far, think about this.  We have Beer, check, No Housework, check, Coffeecake (for breakfast) check, Handmade day, and Burritos.  This is shaping up into a fine day I tell you, simply fine.   More on this later, but now, Burritos.

Today we celebrate and enjoy burritos, which are made by wrapping tortillas around fillings such as beans or refried beans, meat, rice, salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegetables. They can be eaten with hands or can be served "wet"—being covered with sauce—and be eaten with a fork. Burrito bowls have all the ingredients of burritos except the tortillas.

Centuries ago, Mesoamericans rolled food such as chili peppers, avocados, squash, tomatoes, and mushrooms into corn tortillas.  My has time changed things, well and us, you know us, the American people.  We are the one’s that effectively changed the burrito to what we know it to be here.  With all the tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, rice, guacamole, cheese, eggs, etc.  Yeah, that’s us that did that to a basic Hispanic staple food.  Once upon a time it was meat and beans in a corn shell.  Then the when the Spanish arrived in Mesoamerica, they brought wheat and pigs, which allowed for flour tortillas for wrapping and carnitas for filling.  Then we did the rest from frozen burritos in 1964 to adding eggs and calling it breakfast in 1975.

Either way, I do like a good Burrito and everyone who wraps anything in a tortilla calls it a burrito now.

(credit National today)

April 7th is National GOOD DEEDS DAY

(a bit confusing)

Now National Good Deeds Day is a bit confusing because it seems to occur several times a year.  As well as all this week if social media is to be believed.  What is it about you might ask?  I would say that this one is a no-brainer.  It is about doing something nice for someone when you don’t need to or don’t have to.  Just for the sake of making them smile, making their life a little bit easier.  Even if it is only for a day.

I am a firm believer of Happiness breeding happiness.  If every day you strive to do a good deed and make someone besides yourself happy, with no benefit to yourself, in the long run you will benefit.  There are some that will say it makes no sense.  To me it makes perfect sense.  What say you?

(credit Always the Holiday)

 

Well this does it for Nation What Day

I found at least eight, yes eight (8) more days that are celebrated on April 7th.  And I found one day just by scrolling that seems to have about thirty (30) “National Days” attached to it.  I do not know how a day is made into one of these “National Days”, but I am thinking about researching that next.

But for next year, I am going to find a person who wants to do their good deed by (National handmade day) baking me a cinnamon-brown sugar streusel coffee cake fresh that morning and deliver it to me so I can have breakfast outside with a nice strong cuppa black coffee.  Then chill the day away and do “No Housework (day) while I wonder which other person, I know wants to do a good deed bring (National) handmade (day) burritos and beer to me for dinner.  Then we can all enjoy dinner together waiting for tomorrow and see how we can combine Empanada’s, dog farting, drawing birds and trading cards.

 

Much Love ~ Momma Janet

April 7

National Coffee Cake Day; National No Housework Day; National Good Deeds Day; National Beer Day; National Handmade Day; National Burrito Day;  National Making the First Move Day; National Pet Health Insurance Day;; International Beaver Day; Metric System Day; World Health Organization Day; Public Television Day; World Health Day; Girl Me Too Day

April 8

Dog Farting Awareness Day; National All is Ours Day; National Empanada Day; National Zoo Lovers Day; National Dog Fighting Awareness Day; Draw a Picture of a Bird Day; Step into the Spotlight Day; Trading Cards for Grownups Day;

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Product Review with Janet & Days of Healthy Living with Arbonne! Day 22